Douglas Memorial Higher Secondary School teachers keep themselves up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, methods and objectives.
Role and responsibilities of a Secondary School Teachers.
- Prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes of different abilities.
- Always trying to teach better by doing things themselves be it writing a poem or preparing for an exam question.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Instruct through lectures, discussions and demonstrations in one or more subjects.
- Prepare materials for classrooms and class activities, grade tests, assignments to evaluate students performances, behavior, social development and physical health.
- Deliver appropriate feedback and maintain seconds of pupil’s progress and development.
- Administer standardized ability and achievement tests and interpret results to determine students’ strengths and areas of need.
- Communicate with parents and careers over pupils’ progress and participate in departmental meetings, and parent teachers meeting.
- Participate in and organize extracurricular activities such as outings, social activities and sporting events.
- Prepare students for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
Thus, Douglas Memorial Higher Secondary School teachers are mentor, guide, motivator and a source of inspiration to children and has a unique way of supporting students’ academic and social development throughout their schooling level.