“Co-curricular activities may be defined as the activities undertaken to strengthen the classroom learning as well as other activities both inside and outside the classroom to develop the personality of the child” Education is a pretty broad concept that surpasses the four walls of a classroom. The core aim of education is to foster all round development of a child. All round development essentially means intellectual, physical, moral, sensible and social development. To fulfill these objectives, there is a prime need for striking a balance between syllabus, curriculum, books and also co-curricular activities.
Objective of Douglas Memorial Higher Secondary School for providing a varied range of Co-curricular activities:
- Overall personality development. It helps to enhance the all-round personality of the students to strongly face the turbulent road of the future.
- Greater opportunities: In this competitive era, percentages act as a major game changers. Students pursuing any co-curricular activities of their choice are considered for the most popular courses.
- Sense of Responsibility: Co-curricular activities enhance their efficiency to handle difficult situation, which fosters the sense of responsibility and accountability among the students.
- Exposure to new activities : – Exposure to various types of activities gives the student a better insight and lets them choose what they enjoy and what they wish to learn. It broadens new horizons for them.
Events organised at School:
· Annual Concert
· Annual Sports
· Flower show
· Food festival
· Inter School Dance Competition
· Inter School Singing Competition
· Recitation Competition
· Story telling Competition
· Creative Writing Competition
· Football Match
· Cricket Match
· Inter-School Musical Activities
· Inter-House Dance Competition
How Co-curricular activities will help our students:
· Build strength
· Team work
· Develop Patience
· Develop public speaking abilities
· Encourage sustainable life choices
· Improve social awareness
· Help develop a moral sense.